Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snow Day!


Yay! One of my favorite things about being a teacher... snow days! Bentonville closed school yesterday at noon and 30 minutes later I was on my couch, under a warm blanket, reading a book and watching the snow come down. I said a few prayers that Jamie would make it home safely (I really was worried) but he made it- with some slip and sliding past other wrecks. After dinner, a few of my students who live in our neighborhood came by and asked us to go sledding with them. It was so much fun and I only had one small wipe out (just because they convinced me to try going down the hill standing on my sled like a surfboard)! School was cancelled again today (and probably tomorrow) so looks like I'll be forced to scrapbook, clean house and bake goodies... did I mention I love being a teacher!