Thursday, February 28, 2008

poop.

I have to admit it has been a little strange to adjust from being so focused on school and choirs and meetings and grades and lesson plans, etc to suddenly being a mommy all day. Everyone keeps telling me how fast they grow up, so I'm cherishing these precious moments I get to spend with my baby girl.


But yesterday she pooped all over me.

I got Audrie all cleaned up, bathed and in a cute outfit because we were going to hang out with Jenny (and her new little baby boy, Cole) and Emily was making us all lunch. Right before we were getting ready to leave, I was feeding Audrie and my hand was supporting the back of her head and all of a sudden I looked at my hand and thought... oh my goodness, is that poop?!? Yes. Somehow poop had run out of her diaper, down her back, out the top of her clothes, in her hair and all over me. I held her out away from me and realized there was poop everywhere. Then it was like the Midas Touch- everything we touched turned to poop. I tried to lay her on her changing table but it just got too gross. So finally I put her in the bathtub (clothes and all) and started trying to get her cleaned up. She was pretty content the whole time. I explained to her that it was ok to poop her own pants, but she couldn't poop on my pants, too. But I was pretty impressed that she had managed to poop in her own hair. For some reason they don't have a spot to write that in the baby book...