Friday, April 11, 2008

a funny story

I had some flashbacks today of when I was in 2nd grade and I used to pick up my little sister from kindergarten and her teachers would hand me a plastic sack with her pee soaked clothes. (Apparently she wet the bed each day for nap time and I was the one who had to carry that lovely sack on the bus every day...!) Well today Audrie had a similar incident. I've been slowly trying to get back into the routine of working out again. They have child care at our gym so I sometimes take Audrie during her afternoon naptime. So I dropped her off today and she was happily sleeping. But when I came back in an hour, she was still asleep... but wearing only a diaper. The ladies handed me a plastic sack with her clothes. They told me that a few minutes after I went to work out, Audrie had pooped all over the place and I hadn't brought any extra clothes for her (I really didn't think in one hour she would do that much damage...). Well, to make matters worse, I really needed to go to Walmart to pick up just 2 last minute items for a get together we're having. And I didn't want to drive all the way home, dress Audrie and then drive all the way back to Walmart for just 2 things. So, I totally felt like "You Might Be a Redneck If...." but I took Audrie to Walmart with only her diaper on! (I think I hear DHS knocking at the door right now.) I did have a baby blanket wrapped around her at least, so she wasn't cold, but I still felt like a pretty bad momma! You can click below to hear Audrie's side of the story.