Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Every year for our anniversary Jamie and I try to do something adventurous. In the past we've gone bungee jumping, para sailing, rappelling, etc. This year I surprised Jamie by taking him to the Springdale airport for a flight in a Cessna 182. (Jamie used to go flying with me when we were dating in high school and I had my pilot's license.) So this anniversary adventure was a perfect way for us to reminisce our "young love"...
Here we are getting ready to go up. I was really really excited...!
Jamie sat up front with the instructor so he could fly and I could take photos.Taxing onto the runway for takeoff...

One last check of the windsock... it was BEAUTIFUL weather.
I took this out the back window as we took off into the air.
The instructor pretty much let Jamie fly the whole time. He was a natural!
Here's a photo of I-540 over exit 78 looking north into Bentonville/Rogers.This is the Arvest building were Jamie works.


And our house...!

I thought these tiny cows were pretty cute.
We flew over my school and I snapped a quick photo.Another shot of I-540 looking south (Pinnacle on the right and the mall on the left).
Jamie seemed to get a quick understanding of the instrument panel.
We flew over the lake and here is a photo of the dam.And some sailboats on the lake...
We flew for a long time and I took tons more pictures of course (too many to post on here) but finally we headed back in for a smooth landing. We made it home safe and sound! Thanks Gloria for babysitting Audrie. We had a great time and will add this to our list of adventures. Happy 7th Anniversary, Jamie. I love you!!