Thursday, July 03, 2008

audrie update

Our baby girl is a whopping 5 months old now and we are more in love with her than ever! Sometimes when I'm playing with her in the floor and kissing her little sweet face all over and squealing crazy things like "i'm gonna eat you all up, my pretty baby girl"... I start to wonder who I've become! Being a momma is pretty fun.

I'm a little behind on some blogging for her, so I thought I'd lump it all into one big update here...
We weighed and measured her this week (since she doesn't have a doctor's appointment this month) and the best we can tell she is 15.5 pounds and about 26 inches.

Jamie bought her this "Jenny Jump Up" and it's her new favorite toy!

It's nice having my mom and dad close by so that Audrie gets to spend time with them! We've been stopping by this past week to check on my mom since she's been recovering from surgery. She's not supposed to lift anything over 10 pounds, but she broke the rules for Audrie!



So Audrie is getting a tiny little sprout of curls on top of her head! Yay! And it's just enough to clip a little bow in...



Audrie got to spend time with our neighbors Kyla and baby Nathan this week, too. Nathan is 4 weeks younger than Audrie but they look about the same size to me! He's such a cutey!!


But Audrie still has her eye on Ben, of course, who could resist this adorable little boy! I just had to snap some photos of him today!

And Jamie's mom has been missing Audrie so bad that she had to make a special visit over this week to stay a couple days with us and spoil her grandbaby. And Donna got her this tshirt on her trip to Panama City last week. I love the little ruffle!
We started Audrie on rice cereal this week and oh my goodness- she loves it! Slurps it up like it's the best thing she's ever tasted.
She hasn't quite mastered eating off a spoon yet, but we have plenty of bibs so no worries!
And of course Audrie is still my little songbird... singing all the time and louder than ever. I love how she gets her eyebrows going when she's singing...
It may be hard to tell, but she's actually singing in these photos. Still a little pitchy, but sounds like an angel to me!

Jamie and I still can't believe how much this little girl has changed our lives... in such an amazing way. God really blessed us when he was designing our little Audrie for us!