Tuesday, July 15, 2008

poor caleb

I'm trying to be a good nurse for the paitent lying on our couch. My 18 year old brother Caleb had a massive bike wreck today. Not on a motorcyle. (He's not that cool.) On a real bicycle. He has been riding to his summer classes on campus and today he wiped out on Gregg Street. He's gonna live but he bashed up his elbow pretty bad and has to have surgery on it in the morning to screw it back together. My mom and dad are out of town for the week so Caleb is under our care for awhile. I tried to scan his xray so you could see how cool it is, but it didn't really turn out...

Here is a normal elbow xray...

Here is Caleb's xray (you can see where the bone is split on the curve of his elbow...
He's trying to put on a brave face. But I'm sure it's not going to be fun having a cast on his arm in the heat of July!