Wednesday, August 27, 2008

first time for everything

Our little cupcake is growing up right before our eyes! (Check out the little sprout of curls on top of her head!) She's had several new "firsts" lately. We went out to eat after church this Sunday with some friends and I actually ordered some food for Audrie at the restaurant- whoo hoo! (ok, it was just a little cup of applesauce, but it was still a fun "first".) I have to share this photo of her dress she wore to church, too. So adorable!


And she no longer uses her baby bathtub, but sits in the tub like a big girl. Nathan, Kim and their kids were over the other night and Kim got to give Audrie her first "real" bath. It was pretty cute. Of course I took photos...
(Raise your hand if you pee in the bathtub...)
Audrie has also been standing up lately, too. She doesn't pull herself up, but will stand there if we prop her up. I hope she's not one of those babies that skips crawling and goes straight to walking! Right now it's pretty hilarious because when we hold her hands and try to get her to walk around- she will only walk backwards. And it totally looks like she is moonwalking!

And it was a sad day when we had to pack up all her clothes that she has out grown! These are all her clothes from newborn to 3-6 months sizes that don't fit her anymore.
...and Jamie got me these great vacuum sealable bags at WalMart (that my mom told us about) that are really cheap and so easy to use. So that huge pile of clothes is now neatly packed away!
And she is still saying "dada", but now with much more enthusiasm. Our neighbor, Becca, emailed me at work today to tell me that as she went to check her mailbox this afternoon she stepped out her front door and heard Audrie (who was on our front porch swing with Donna) exclaiming "DADA!" and all kinds of excited baby babble. I guess I can forgive Audrie for not saying momma yet, since she's so crazy cute!

"A moment in my tummy... a lifetime in my heart."
-Anne Lindbergh