Sunday, August 03, 2008

sun and fun

We made it back from our trip to Florida and there are just not enough words to describe how amazingly wonderful our week was! Of course we took a billion pictures...
We went with two other couples who have new babies. Jim, Emily and Ben (10 weeks!). Jenny, Rhonald, and Cole (7 months). Our dear friend, Gloria (384 months).And a new friend, Terryn!It was a long drive, but Audrie did awesome. (She slept most of the way which was so nice!)
She wasn't quite sure what to think of the sand between her little toes...

Jamie and the boys went deep sea fishing and had a blast!



I think I might be in trouble if I didn't mention that Jamie caught the biggest fish! He said it was his favorite part of the trip.My favorite part was laying around in the sun all day!!

The beach house we stayed in had a pool which we spent alot of time in. Especially since there was a shaded porch for the baby play area.Cole and Audrie are just about 3 weeks apart in age, so they shared toys and "played" nicely together.
Cole is such a little flirt!
And Ben's smile melts any girl's heart...!
I think Audrie turned a few heads in her cute little bikini, too. She even took a nap on the beach. I guess the waves lulled her to sleep!
My favorite part of the trip was taking walks in the early morning and evenings with Audrie. It was very peaceful.
I used my sling alot, too. We had some good mommy-daughter bonding time.
The water was beautiful.
And so was Gloria! :) We celebrated her birthday with the usual funfetti cake and bad singing. More random photos...






It really was such a wonderful week. I could write a huge long blog about all the amazing food we ate- lots of yummy fresh seafood! The beach house was too beautiful and every day was so relaxing. We read several books and got a tan. Jamie and I feel very blessed to have been able to take this trip with our friends. We can't wait to go back next year!