Sunday, April 26, 2009

bcc spring concert

Another concert down! (And it was a great one if I say so myself.) The Bentonville Children's Choir performed their Spring Concert this weekend at the Arend Art Center in Bentonville and I was so proud of these wonderful kiddos!


The BCC starts kids in second grade and goes up through high schoolers. It's so fun to watch them "grow up" in the BCC.
This amazing young lady has been in BCC since we first started almost five years ago. She's such a sweet girl!And this talented singer is going to be senior next year and goes to a charter school that doesn't have a choir program. She has a gorgeous voice- we're so lucky to have her!
So I work these kids hard for months on the music, sweat blood and tears over their progress, get all the details of the performance ready and then the worst most horrifying moment of every concert is when I have to turn around and talk...! Ugh! I hate talking to the audience.
Becky created a new advanced level of the choir this semester and had a blast conducting them. They sounded so good. Becky is such a hoot to work with!
Big smiles after concert...!
Only three more concerts to go and then it will just be me singing "School's out for Summer"...