Thursday, May 21, 2009

girls just wanna have fun

I think I'm still on cloud nine from our amazing girl's trip last weekend! Words can't even begin describe what a great time I had in Kansas City, but hopefully these fun photos Kim and I took will help fill in the adjectives...
Emily, Kim and I kicked off our road trip bright and early Saturday morning and made it to the The Plaza in time for a little fun shopping spree.


Goofing off in the dressing rooms...
Then we headed over to the Cheesecake Factory for some heavenly lunch and dessert.


Later that afternoon we went to The Plaza West Spa and we each got an hour and half massages that were indescribably perfect. Then we crawled to our hotel room at the Crowne Plaza and took long naps. We woke up in time to get fancied up for a night out.



For dinner we went to The Melting Pot- a gourmet fondue restaurant that was super yummy and fun!

A cupid statue I thought needed a hug.
Then we took a cab down to the Power and Light district. It's hard to describe this place, but it's like a humongous open air warehouse that is full of people, lights, music, dancing and good times... and a grand staircase.
We had a blast on the dance floor! I can't remember the last time I went dancing- so fun!
We had big dreams of sleeping in the next morning, but I think finally about 8:30 we admitted that we were all awake so we went in search of a delicious breakfast.
We found it, too! At a crazy cute hole-in-the-wall spot called Succatash. It was trendy and artsy and had the most sweet creamy fresh squeezed orange juice I've ever tasted in my life.
Fun artwork on the walls, too. (...me fixing my mop head o hair)
Kim and her cute self.
Where we had breakfast was located in the city's farmer's market. But it was the biggest farmer's market I've ever seen. Tons of fruits and veggies!
Bags of homemade spices.And octopus salad...!
After we left the farmer's market we drove to the Legend's Mall and did way too much shopping.
After hours of shopping we decided it was time to head back to the real world. But the entire weekend was just wonderful and exactly what I needed. Thanks to Jamie for being super dad all weekend! And thanks to Emily and Kim for the much needed girl time!