Tuesday, June 30, 2009

celebrate america

Sunday evening Jamie was playing golf with some friends so I took Audrie to the Bentonville square for the Celebrate America festivities. And WOW. It was really impressive. I was blown away by all the great music, free food and ice cream, salute to the soldiers and our country... the whole event just made me feel all emotional and patriotic. I loved it!
And Audrie loved her bottle of water. :) We ran into our neighbor friends, Sam and Becca there. Audrie and Nathan compared notes on their cute outfits...
The staff was handing out free balloons and American flags which Audrie had fun with.
Audrie did spill her bottle of water all over Kyla's legs and skirt, but Becca saved the moment by enthusiastically declaring how refreshing and cool that water must feel on Kyla's legs! (I took some mommy notes.)
I love this little snapshot I took of Audrie waving her flag in front of the very first Walmart store.

A very "American" photo...
This photo makes me want to go wake her up from her nap and kiss her cheeks!

The First Baptist Church of Bentonville put on a huge patriotic concert with singers, a full band in the pit, dancers, soldiers, speaking parts, white doves, balloons and Twila Paris sang (if you know who that is)... it was a really wonderful show. And there were a lot of my former singers and students on stage that I got to talk to later- so proud of them!

Audrie was enthralled and sat really well in my lap watching it all.

It was so nice to be reminded of how blessed I am.