Monday, July 27, 2009

just the TWO of us

Yay! Jamie and I had such a wonderful weekend! We got to sneak away and get a little couple time... just the two of us. My nephew got married Saturday in Branson, so Jamie and I decided to go up early and make a weekend of it. We dropped Audrie off in Green Forest with Jamie's mom (we slowed down and rolled Audrie out the door as we went by... ha just kidding- we actually really missed our little girl!). But we had an amazing weekend hanging out with each other. One of the best parts was this wonderful romantic restaurant I had made reservations for us at called The Candlestick Inn. It overlooks downtown Branson (on the lake) and the view from our table was gorgeous!
It was fun to get dressed up, have some wine & cheese and eat a long leisurely delicious meal that we didn't have to cook or share with a toddler. (And I got to show off my new clutch purse that Candace got me... thanks, Candace!)
And I got to show off my sexy date...
Kim and I took pictures at the wedding so we'll be sharing more of those later, but here is a photo of me and a few of my siblings (there were actually 8 of us 12 in one place at one time so we had to capture the moment).
I really am so glad Jamie and I got to spend some quality time together this weekend. It was a nice reminder that we really do like each other. ha!