Monday, August 31, 2009

does it get any better?

So I have to mention the perfect day I had on Sunday. Not to rub it in, but just so I can go back again later and re-read it and re-live it. It was just one those days that couldn't get any better and if I had to be stuck in that movie "Groundhog Day" and redo the same day over and over again... it would be yesterday. We went to church and the sermon was very inspiring! We picked Audrie up from the nursery and she was just SO darn cute running towards us all happy "Mommy, Daddy, yay!!!". Came home and had a picnic lunch on the back porch in the insanely BEAUTIFUL weather. Then Jamie went to the movies with some guy friends and Audrie went down for her long afternoon nap. So I sort of had the house to myself... opened the windows to let the cool breeze air out the house, cranked up my favorite playlist on my iPod and I cleaned the house (which is actually something I enjoy). We had dinner again on the porch that night and then finished up the evening by taking Audrie to a little playground near our house. It was just one of those days that before I had kids I used to sort of imagine a great day as a family would be like. Almost makes me forget about how many times Audrie has pooped on me. Almost.Pictures from our evening at the playground. (And I took these photos on phone so they're a little blurry...)






"Nothing is more than this day."- Goethe