Monday, August 03, 2009

yes, please tell me another story about how cute your kid is

Last week Jamie and I were hanging out in the living room watching TV about 10 o'clock at night and we decided Audrie needed her toenails painted. She was sleeping, of course, but we didn't let that stop us. Jamie got a flashlight and we crept into Audrie's room (she's SO cute when she's sleeping... all sprawled out on her back and snoring). Jamie held the light on her tiny toes while I painted them. Every once in awhile she would twitch (I guess because it tickled) and we were trying so hard not to laugh and wake her. When she woke up in the morning and was walking through the kitchen all of a sudden she stopped and bent over and touched her pink little toenails. She exclaimed some happy babble and smiled so big. I was thinking to myself that I would really like it too if the Toenail Fairies came in the middle of the night and I woke up to a lovely pedicure! I'm sure Jamie won't appreciate me calling him a fairy but if you'd like to book the Toenail Fairies to stop by in your sleep just let him know! :)
Ok, if you're still with me here's one more "our daughter is SO cute" story. On Friday I was trying to pack our bags for a weekend trip and Audrie kept digging everything out as fast as I could pack it. Finally she settled with playing with her butterfly bath towel and wearing it around the house like a cape. But she was being so cute with it that I had to stop and take some pictures.
Here she is playing peekaboo with herself in the mirror. I wish you could have heard how hard she was laughing at her reflection!
She sure makes it tough to get anything done around here, but my goodness she is cute.