Thursday, November 26, 2009

lucky stripes

I guess my piano/entry room is becoming my new canvas. Because I painted that room. Again! (This is what happens when you give me a week off from work!) So if you remember that the room was originally saturated in red. And we kept it that way for a few years.Then we painted it a light turquoise color a few months ago. And that was fun while it lasted, but I just couldn't help myself from redoing it.
So on Tuesday I painted it with some soft taupe stripes. It was tough (painting stripes in a room is not for the faint of heart), but I really like how it turned out. (For now, right??) ha!

And also I ordered a three foot enlargement from Kim of one her photos she recently did for us (the one I have on the blog header now). My snapshot here doesn't do it justice, but it looks really awesome on the wall.
Anyways, I have been LOVING my week off from work! And am excited about ALL the food and family for Thanksgiving today. I'm going to put "eating for two" to the test!! :) Hope you all have a WONDERFUL and blessed and safe and happy Thanksgiving Day.