Wednesday, December 02, 2009

its beginning to look a lot like christmas

Yes!! The classic "sitting in Santa's lap and loving it" photo! (I took Audrie to see Santa and this is what she thought about him...) This week's wintry weather and all the Christmas decorations around the house are making me smile! I love this time of year.
And just in time for this cold weather- our heat went out two days ago (supposed to finally fixed tomorrow), but it's been nice to actually use our fire place.
A random photo I took of our nativity set.
Every year we get a new ornament for the tree that has the year on it. Here is this year's pick...
A friend of ours made this for Audrie and I love it!
Here is my "self portrait"... :)
We may have to get a second tree just to hold all our ornaments. The tree is getting pretty loaded down!
This little guy is one of the many little trinkets I get from students every year. Jamie loves when I come home the last day before winter break with a huge box of goodies and presents from all my students. Middle schoolers can be pretty sweet when they want to.
I do love this time of year! Celebrating the birth of our wonderful Saviour. Singing Christmas Carols. Decking the Halls. Buying presents for all the people I love... good times! I do have a total of 7 choir concerts to conduct in the next two weeks but that's just part of this time of year. And I'm trying to get my shopping done early this year because we are actually going to start trying to potty train Audrie right at the start of my Christmas break. Wish us luck! Anyways, I'm praying that amidst the hustle and bustle over the next few weeks that I will still take time to remember what this is all truly about.
"In the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger. Suddenly a great multitude of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and singing, Glory to God in the highest and on earth, peace and good will toward men." Luke 2:11-14