Thursday, January 20, 2011

rub a dub dub


When I was pregnant with Annie one of the things I used to envision was my two girlies taking their bath together before bedtime. It took a few months to get to this point (because Annie was like a slippery wild pig thrashing around in the tub), but she has recently learned how to calm down and enjoy bathtime.
To accomplish this I have to let her chew on child 'safe' toys like empty shampoo bottles and plastic slinkys...

 Audrie is a good 'momma' and likes to help wash baby Annie.

 I think it's so crazy how Annie can look just like Audrie sometimes, but yet still so different.

 Of course I think both our girls are beautiful! :)

 Audrie always sings loudly in the tub (or anywhere for that matter) so Annie gets a free concert as she bathes. Audrie is like having your own personal jukebox follow you around (stuck full volume on preschool songs and Disney showtunes).

 It really is wonderful having two kids the same gender. I would love to have a sweet little boy someday, too, but if our house is full of fun little girls like these two that would be ok by me! (ask me again when they are teenagers...)