Friday, February 04, 2011

audrie is turning THREE

Audrie's third birthday is tomorrow! I've been a little emotional just thinking about how much she has grown and changed since that day we first saw her precious face on February 5th, 2008.




For her past two birthdays we've had some big birthday bashes, but this year we decided to scale things down and just have a little birthday celebration with a few of her friends here at the house. And then this weekend (weather permitting) we're going to drive to Green Forest to have some birthday cake with Jamie's family.

Last night Audrie was having a little trouble going to sleep and so I went in to rub her back and sing to her. (It's so cute how she asks "Mommy, I want to hold you" when she wants you to cuddle her.) I was laying there holding her close to me, running my fingers through her hair and singing "This is the Day". I had to let some tears fall because I was just so stinkin' happy.

I was remembering how the day after she was born, we were waiting in the hospital to get discharged so we could take our baby girl home. We had lots of visitors and nurses in and out all day. Jamie had left to go get the carseat and warm up the car and all the nurses were busy getting our paperwork together. So it was just me and Audrie (not even 24 hours old) snuggled together on the hospital bed. It had started to snow that morning and so I opened the blinds and sat there with my baby cuddled up to me and watched the snow fall. I remember crying then and praising God for this little tiny girl.

I did that again last night as I held Audrie. Just thanked God for bringing her into our life.


Happy Birthday, Audrie. I hope you will always know how much you are loved!