Friday, March 25, 2011

yap text

So I got a new app on my phone that I really like called Yap Text. When someone leaves me a voicemail this app instantly converts it into words and texts it to me. Sometimes if I'm teaching or in the middle of a boring meeting, etc, I don't have time to listen to voicemails but I can easily skim through the texts.

Here is a lovely sample of one from my dentist office...



And my sweet husband...


However... when my dad leaves me a voicemail... this app totally freaks out and can NOT translate my dad's southern drawl. I think it is so hilarious. Yesterday my dad called to check on me after my little car accident and he left me a sweet voicemail saying "Hey, Rachel, this is just your dad checking in. Heard you had a bad day... etc".

But THIS is what the yap text app thought my dad said....


I died laughing. My poor dad is never going to be able to reach me on the phone again because I'm always going to make him leave a voicemail just so I can read messages like these!