Saturday, September 10, 2011

yay

Annie's smile captures how I feel after my first week of work! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your prayers!! This is by far the hardest thing I've ever done, but this past week has been the closest I've ever been to God. I'm still praying before every class and a few times I've walked around with my seating chart in my hand, put my hand on a specific student's chair, and prayed for that child. That God would show me how to reach that kid.

 Lunch duty is still a 'work in progress' but my plan is one-kid-at-a-time. I've given up on trying to control the entire group, instead I'm working on taming one student each day and so far that seems to be a better approach.

It's insane that I have to work this hard every moment of the day, but the crazier part is that I think I like it.