Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Baby Beulah"

I've started to feel the baby move!!! It was Sunday during church that it started. We had a special singing group at church and they sang all old time Southern Gospel style music. (The main singer of this group, Squire Parsons, is known for writing the song "Sweet Beulah Land".) Well, right in the middle of this hoedown gospel singing I started feeling a very faint kicking! I whispered to Jamie in the pew that I thought the baby must like this style of music because it was keeping the beat. (Or mabye the baby was kicking to say "make this crazy music stop!") Either way, it was pretty neat to finally start feeling the baby. It's been happening more since this weekend, but I can only feel it when I'm sitting really still and focusing on feeling it. And since school has started I haven't had time to sit still so only when I'm in bed at night can I really feel anything. I know soon I will feel the movements more strongly and get tired of the kicking, but for right now it's exciting!
We're still discussing baby name options (with some help from our friends, Mel and Gloria, here), but for now I'm calling the baby "Beulah" since that is obviously his/her favorite music!