Saturday, August 18, 2007

"I love tickets."

This is how amazing my husband is. I've been working one or two nights a week at Banana Republic (for the employee discount) and occasionally Jamie comes up and eats dinner with me when I have a break. So, last weekend we were sitting down to eat in the food court and he said he had a present for me. I was pretty excited because last time he brought me a present at work, he gave me my new wedding bands.... I thought he would have trouble topping that. This time he handed me airline tickets to New York City and told me we are going to spend a week in NYC over Thanksgiving break!! I didn't know whether to cry or scream. Our friends, Jason and Samanthe, will be living in NYC and we are going to stay with them, go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, see Broadway shows, and shop and eat and... I can't wait. We will miss Thanksgiving with our families, but both our mom's said they understood. :) I've been to NYC twice, but Jamie has never been. It's going to be so wonderful. I can't wait to see what the next present is that Jamie brings me at work...

(This is last time I was in NYC- February of 2003.)