Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Bueller... Bueller... anyone?

I feel really blessed to be able to honestly say that I love my job. I truly do. Being a music teacher is definetly what God had in mind when he was designing my curly headed brain. I've had an awesome summer, but now it's time to go back to teacherland and I am really excited to see my students again. Teachers in Bentonville don't officially start until Monday, but I've been working in my classroom this past week- cleaning, decorating, organizing- all my favorite things! It's going to be a great year (my seventh year!) and I can't believe I only have to teach until February... such a strange thought. I'm hoping to find the perfect long-term substitute for my students (ahem, Miss Brown). I usually am not into cheesy quotes, but this has been one of my favorites for a long time...
"A teacher affects eternity; she can never tell where her influence stops."--Henry Brooks Adams