Wednesday, January 16, 2008

happy meals and singing

I had a hot date with my niece, Emma, last night! I've always been curious about Kindermusik classes and I heard that the new music store in Bentonville, The Ivory Palace, was offering a free class so I signed up. When I registered they told me that I needed to bring a child under the age of 5 with me so I called my sister-in-law, Kim, and asked her if I could borrow her daughter for a night. It really was so much fun! Emma was too cute singing (more bravely than any of the other kids in the room), marching around the room and playing all the instruments- she actually has an awesome sense of rhythm. Every time the song changed to a new tempo or beat pattern, she didn't have to wait for instructions she was always right on the beat and often making up her own rhythms that sounded great. I was pretty impressed. It was a fun night! Emma and I even went out for Happy Meals afterwards. And then we sang "The Wheels on the Bus" the whole drive home.