Thursday, January 03, 2008

the stork is on the way

Admist all the adorable pink cuteness, I think it's finally starting to hit us that very very soon a birth is going to happen. I've started having early labor pains (Braxton Hicks) and at first it was kind of exciting, but that fun started to fade a bit after we were up for two hours the other night timing some pretty intense contractions and wondering if it was time to head to the hospital. (I had a little talk with my belly and explained all the reasons why she couldn't come early and she must have been convinced.) Jamie and I are finishing up our childbirth classes at the hospital this weekend so we'll be a little more prepared to handle the big moment. We have our list of people ready to call to be by our side (and keep Jamie from passing out). But as much as we are SO ready to meet our little girl, it's all still pretty scary!

My sister, Mary, gave me an adorable sling and told me to practice with our cat. (Kitty wasn't too amused.)


And Jamie and Kitty have been breaking in the glider chair in the nursery, too.


We'll keep you posted as we get closer, but you can help us pray that the baby will not be early!