Sunday, February 03, 2008

"the last time..."

Today was my last time to sing at church on the praise team until my maternity leave is over (I decided to take a few months off from the praise team even though we'll still be going to church). I will miss it so much! When I was a newborn baby an elderly neighbor lady commented to my mom that someday I was going to "sing for the Lord" and she was right- it is definitely something I love more than anything.

We've all been giving Jamie a hard time about his countdown comments on every "last time" to do something before he becomes a daddy this week. "Last drive to church with no baby in the car seat, last time to sit in this pew with no kid in the nursery, last time to ...!" The pastor told the congregation today to keep us in their prayers this week... that the baby would look like her momma and not her daddy. :)

Jamie and I did have a great last "no-baby" weekend though. Friday night Jamie and I went out for dinner and to the movies with a group of friends (we saw the movie Juno- loved it!!). Saturday (after I slept in til 10- which is a miracle for me these days) my friend, Melanie, and I walked around the outdoor mall up here to enjoy the warm sunshine and do some shopping. And today I decided to pass on the Super Bowl parties with Jamie so I could get a pedicure and spend some girl time with a few of my gal pals who also share my lack of interest in football. I think that the weekends ahead will be a little different, but Jamie and I are crazy excited this week to be starting our new adventures with "the first time..."