Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"that's what friends are for..."

One of my dearest friends, Melanie, has been going through some tough stuff lately, so to help get her mind off things for awhile we decided to get a little extreme makeover on our hair. Neither one of us have ever had our hair dyed (and never have been brave enough). So we decided that this week of spring break we'd do our own "girls gone wild" and get our hair dyed! Here are a few pics from our girly adventure...


The stylist had to brush my hair before she could apply the dye... brushing naturally curly hair is always pretty funny...!


Melanie got some very subtle dark blond highlights that look really awesome, but don't show up in this picture... you have to see her in person to see how cute it is!


I, however, got some very NOT so subtle blond and light brown highlights...

It was all really fun! And plus "it's just hair". So even though I have a crazy looking hair do- at least I can cross this off my list.