Thursday, March 20, 2008

I miss my mommy!

My mom left last Tuesday for Europe- on a spring break trip with her school (she teaches English at a private high school). They are spending 12 days traveling all over Italy, Switzerland, France, Germany... and a bunch of other fun places. But I miss her SO much. I'm used to talking to my mom at least once or twice a day. She's like my 1-800-MOM hotline for all my life questions! Especially the past few weeks with the new baby- I've had a ton more questions every day. The joke is that no matter what I ask her about- she pretty much always has the same response... "you're normal and everything is going to be fine". (I told her that should be the title of her parenting book she needs to write.) So today I had to actually break down and call my OB doctor's office to ask a question I would normally just ask my mom... and it was really funny (I had to keep myself from laughing out loud) because the nurse basically told me I was normal and everything was going to be fine.