Tuesday, April 01, 2008

a day with the girls

I decided Audrie needed some girl time so I invited my niece, Emma, and our neighbor's daughter, Kyla, over for a few hours yesterday afternoon. It really was a lot of fun and I got a little glimpse into what life could be like after a few more babies.

I love this picture because it looks like Audrie is taking charge and laying out the plan for the day... "ok, first we're gonna spit up all over our clothes and then..."

I have a stuffed animal goat puppet that sings "The Lonely Goatherd" from the Sound of Music. And Emma was hilarious singing along with it for Audrie.



I think Kyla's face in this photo is a little unsure about Emma and the crazy singing goat! (Audrie loves it!)


The girls had fun making up songs on our piano.



Emma was a good little teacher (even clapping for Kyla in this photo).

And what would a girl's day be without making cookies?!


... and pouring half a bottle of pink sprinkles on every cookie!

Sugar and spice and everything nice. That's what little girl's are made of!