Wednesday, July 23, 2008

food glorious food

We've been feeding Audrie rice cereal for a couple weeks now and she still seems to love it (I've tasted it... it's nasty). But last night we ran out (ok, it was my fault, I admit). And it was time for her to eat and she was hungry and I didn't want to only give her milk when she was used to eating rice cereal for dinner. But we had a fresh squash from Donna's garden... so Jamie steamed it and pureed it in the blender and Audrie had her first "real" meal last night. Home grown squash. She made a few faces but she ate it! We have also been slowly giving her formula in a bottle once or twice day to try and gradually wean her to formula. (It's sad for me to give up nursing but I have to prepare for going back to work in a few weeks.) She threw what my mom would call "a Lowery fit" the first couple times I tried to give her formula, but now she drinks it just fine so I think the weaning process is going to go better than I hoped. Audrie also LOVES to drink apple juice (well, half water and half apple juice), but to her it's candy. She slurps that down with a big smile. Anyways, not sure if you care about the nutritional intake of our baby girl. But that's the big news around our house these days! :)