Sunday, July 20, 2008

weekend update

Audrie, Jamie and I had a jam packed weekend that was super fun and super exhausting. And surprisingly enough... I don't have a single photo to share of everything we did this weekend. But a picture is supposed to be worth a thousand words... so here are my thousand words instead.

Friday night Jamie and I had a "real" night out with some friends (and no babies) and I got to wear heels- whoo hoo! We went to Bonefish Grill for a crazy tasty dinner and then to Eddie Haskell's to hang out and listen to a live band- we had way too much fun! Then Saturday we did the usual running around doing errands, but then I went and helped Kim do photography for an amazing wedding in Greenwood. (I feel so super cool that Kim lets me be her second photographer for bigger weddings!) And I have to say that in 7 hours and over 800 photos I did manage to capture some pretty sweet photos. Kim spent most of the pre-wedding hours with the bride and bridesmaid and left me to capture candid moments of the groom and his 5 totally good looking groomsmen... poor me. :) Really, the wedding was stunning and I can't wait for Kim to post some photos in a few weeks! Then today was a big day. We had Audrie's Baby Dedication ceremony at our church. It was very touching and a special time for us to thank God for blessing us with our baby girl and we dedicated ourselves to raise her knowing God's love. I sang a special song for the occasion "God Will Take Care of You" by Plumb. (Gloria took photos on her camera so I'll post some when she gets those to me.) We invited all our family to come to church and then had a big cookout at our house afterwards. It was probably the most people we've ever had in our house at one time, but it was a blast. So, this evening after the last of our guests left... we needed to just do nothing for a bit so we took Audrie over to swing in our neighbors backyard. She LOVES their baby swing and I did get a few photos of those last few moments of our weekend.


Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14