Wednesday, September 03, 2008

the race

We spent some time with some of my side of the family on Labor Day at my parent's house. My brother has a 5 month old baby boy, Matthew, who is just the cutest little boy... ok, not "little"... but very cute! The crazy thing is that he can already crawl/scoot. I needed to see this in action and was hoping he could teach Audrie a few things. So we lined up some toys and said "GO!"...
Audrie did her swimming action where she kicks her arms and legs, goes nowhere and gets frustrated... Matthew dug his tiny elbows in and started scooting...
Audrie looked to me for help... (like somehow this was my fault)!
But it was too late- Matthew was already crossing the finish line.
Audrie was a good sport and put on her best fake smile...
... and congratulated her opponent.
She even did a little happy dance to help him celebrate.
Actually I'm in no hurry for her to be mobile... I'm not ready to baby proof our house yet. But congrats to Baby Matthew on his winning techniques! Very impressive. Audrie would like to challenge you to a drooling competetion next time.