Sunday, October 26, 2008

tears and tailgates

I cried a few tears this weekend and it wasn't over the Hogs loss to Ole Miss. Saturday night was the first time I've been away from Audrie ALL night! (It was really only 24 hours but a huge deal to me!). Jamie's mom kept Audrie Saturday so Jamie and I could to the Razorback game. I was willing to skip this late night game because we were having trouble getting a babysitter for all day, but we finally decided it would be a good "trial run" for me to be away from Audrie for one night. (I am going with Kim in a couple weeks to San Antonio to shoot a wedding and will be gone for three days.) But despite a few crying spells and missing my baby girl, I survived and Jamie and I had such a wonderful day of tailgating and football fun!

We hung out with Brandon and Erin, Jim and Emily and a bunch of new tailgating friends for several hours on Saturday. We had such a blast all afternoon and the game wasn't actually as cold as I had planned for. Jamie and his cousin, Brandon (and some tasty chili!)... Jim and Emily (and Ben... in the photo book).

Emily and I trying not to miss our babies too much...
Jamie made a new friend with the Jolly Green Giant (aka Jack) and his wife, Erin.
The weather was beautiful, the people were tons of fun and the food was delicious. And it was nice in between the moments of missing Audrie- to get to enjoy some time with my stud muffin husband.
Only one more home game left of the season! Better enjoy it while we can!