Wednesday, November 26, 2008

deck the halls

I decided to decorate the house early this year. Usually I want til after Thanksgiving (kind of my own personal rule about one holiday at a time). But since I have the whole week off from school this week I thought I'd take some time to get things decorated and then if it's just crazy trying to keep Audrie out of it all- I'd have time the rest of this week to take it back down! :)

We did put the tree in a different spot this year. I guess I'm naively hoping that since I put it in the corner behind the piano that Audrie will ignore the huge blinking glittering "toy" in the entry way. Yeh, right.

Every year since we' ve been married, Jamie and I have made it a tradition to buy an ornament that has the year on it. It's kind of fun to get them out every year and hang them on the tree.

My family has a lot of special Christmas traditions, so I like that Jamie and I have our own, too.
It's fun this year because Santa has THREE stockings to fill on our mantle this year.


We're excited to have Audrie's first Christmas. Not really sure what she is going to think about it all. I'm sure to her it will just be a fun day of eating wrapping paper. But hopefully someday soon she will understand the true reason for this season.