Saturday, November 01, 2008

happy halloween

Audrie was the cutest little kitty cat I've ever seen! My brother, Nathan, and his wife Kim came over last night with their kids Jacob and Emma to spend Halloween with us. Jamie and I decided about 3:00 on Friday that we were gonna dress up, too! I decided to break out one of my gowns from my selection of bridesmaid dresses in my closet and go as some sort of beauty queen. And I happened to have an elf costume in my classroom leftover from a musical we did a few years ago. So Jamie got to be an elf for Halloween. He didn't protest too much until it came to the tights! He was really a good sport even if he was quite frightening in the whole outfit. I thought we made a pretty odd trio...

But not as amazing as Kim and Nathan. (Sarah Palin and the 70's NBA star!) The best thing is that Nathan went to work like this yesterday!




Sarah Palin didn't like the sign in our neighbor's yard!
It was a fun night of trick-or-treating. Even Audrie seem to enjoy getting candy in her bag (too bad I'll have to eat it all for her!).

We spent the rest of the evening passing out candy at our house (we had more trick or treaters than ever this year). I watched scary cartoons with the kids downstairs (that's about all the "scary" I can handle) while the "big kids" played rock band until the wee hours of the morning. Even if it's not my favorite holiday, it was still a fun night hanging out and getting to play dress up for a few hours!