Friday, December 19, 2008

fa la la

The past couple weeks I've definitely had my fair share of Christmas caroling. The Bentonville Children's choir has a younger division of the organization, Camerata (grades 2-6) that performed for the Lighting of the Square in Bentonville a few weeks ago. They performed a few Holiday songs before the Mayor threw the big switch to light the town... it was all very Who-ville!
Camerata also performed their Winter Concert this past Saturday and it was so very cute and adorable to see these little singers in their tuxedo uniforms singing for their parents.

Last week the FCA group at our school asked me to bring some choir kids and guys from my guitar club to lead some caroling before school. The kids did a great job... especially for 7am in the morning!
And finally my last concert of the season... my school concert. The SHMS Choir presented their Winter Concert last night and did a fabulous job if I say so myself. I do have a million kids in choir! Here we are warming up before the concert and trying to squeeze everyone into my choir room...
And of course, my number one fan was there last night. My momma! Love her. (the photo turned out blurry for some reason). She is the smiling face I look for in the crowd at my concerts!
But after all these wonderful concerts... the best one was the one Jamie, Audrie and I put on in the living room the other night...Jamie got his saxophone out to practice for a Christmas special we're doing at church and Audrie was enthralled.
She was pretty impressed with her daddy's saxophone skills!
Today's the last day of school for me in 2008. I'm SO excited about the next two weeks off! Hope each of you find time for some peace and goodwill, too!