Wednesday, February 18, 2009

get the RED out

Jamie and I have always had a little "wish list" of things we'd like to change in our house since we moved in three years ago, but it's just been a slow process. (Not a lot of spare time or energy to put into it.) But this past weekend we decided to make a small dent in that list. For awhile now I've been really tired of all the red in our house and been dying to paint our formal dining room/ piano room which has had these hugely overbearing red walls and ceiling...

So after two coats of primer and a gallon of paint... here's the brand new look!
And of course with new paint must come new accessories! Jamie was a little confused why exactly we needed six new throw pillows...

I redid the floral arrangements in my vases, too.
And tied some ribbon around new lampshades...
Not sure how I feel about the random pottery, yet, but it fit the color scheme and was crazy cheap so I got it!
I really like the fresh clean feel with this color, but it has taken some time to get used to this totally different atmosphere.
But here is my new favorite thing. I've had this gigantic picture frame for many years now in my kitchen that I've tried putting different things in (and my brother Caleb even painted me an amazing canvas for it) but this weekend I took his artwork out and spray painted the whole glass with chalkboard paint and I love it!
A huge space for me to do my two favorite things... make lists and doodle!
Here's what kitty thought of all the change...
We still have a lot left on our list but it feels good to have this crossed off!