Monday, February 02, 2009

is she really ONE??

We all survived the big party yesterday! It was so much fun and actually a little emotional seeing everyone who came for Audrie's big day and remembering all that has happened (so quickly) in the past year of her life!
My mother always made our birthday cakes when we were kids, so I decided to give it a go. (And now I have even more admiration for my mother...!)

All I was making was a huge pink polka dotted daisy and it still was crazy hard to do!
Even though it all turned out ok, I'm not sure cake making is my calling! I also made a little iron-on design for Audrie's pink ruffled onsie that was too adorable.
I love dressing her in these ridiculous tutus! And her party was the perfect excuse.
Jamie and I had to help her blow out her candle...
But we sure didn't have to help her eat her cake!! She dug right in and enjoyed every last chocolate drop...
Thanks, Kim, for snapping photos for us! (you can click on these photos to see them larger)
She kept getting messier by the minute... it was wonderful!
She even shared a few bites with Jamie.
I got the lucky job of cleaning her up. I actually had to put her in the bathtub she was such a mess!
I could tell everyone had a blast shopping for her... she got SO many wonderful gifts!
And had lots of help opening them...
We also set up a table for everyone to scrapbook a little mini page for Audrie. I tried to take a picture of everyone at the party with Audrie and printed them on our computer.
The kids (and big kids) had fun putting the pages together.
They all turned out SO cute! And now Audrie has an awesome book of photos of all these people who love her... and she can start learning how to say their names!
It really was a blast. Even though it was crazy having that many people in our house at one time (I think we counted about 45 people), it was so sweet of everyone to be there for Audrie's first birthday. Thank you, everyone! Audrie is so blessed to have you in her life!