Saturday, January 31, 2009

trees and chuckEcheese

I snapped this photo out our back window the other day when the snow/ice first started to fall. Not knowing this would the last photo of our beautiful tree and patio table... The next day our poor tree snapped under the weight of the ice and smashed the end of our deck and destroyed our table. So sad. I saw it happen but it was like one of the slow-mo moments in the movies... there was nothing I could do but watch. (You can't really tell in the photo but the back railing is pulled away from the deck.)

Here's the huge limb that Jamie has to haul off. I think it may involve a chain saw. That should be interesting...
In other totally random news... I took Audrie to ChuckECheese today. I kind of made a little pact to myself a long time ago that I would never go to ChuckECheese... and don't really know why. I guess because in my mind I pictured millions of screaming children and cooties and chaos and... but today I broke down and went for Will's birthday party. It really wasn't the horror I imagined and Audrie had a blast.

I took some fun photos of Will and his party but I was scrolling through my photos tonight I came across these and had to share...
Audrie spent most of her time playing in this toddler playhouse that had a big plexi-glass window that she thought was pretty fun.

Then she started sticking her face to it...


These are the kind of pictures I can't wait to show her first boyfriend. :)