Sunday, March 01, 2009

freezin for a reason

I ran another 5k this weekend... 25 degrees and snowing! When I got up Saturday morning and saw the snow coming down I almost backed out, but this race was to raise money for my school so I put on all my warmest running gear and went to support my school. The band was even there to get us fired up...And the high school cheer squad came to freeze with us, too.
We made it across the finish line alive and though it may have been my slowest running time ever I was just proud that I survived. It must have been my lucky socks that helped me through....
This run was actually really beautiful with the snow lightly falling and we got to run through a really pretty park in Bentonville... made me even more excited for our race in New York City in a few weeks. I can't believe I'm actually going to run in Central Park (we're going to visit our dear friends, Jason and Samanthe, for spring break). Sam has been training to do the huge NYC Marathon next summer so she signed us up to do this race while we're up there. I'm actually really excited about it!