Wednesday, May 27, 2009

memorial day weekend

Jamie, Audrie and I went home to the dirt roads of Green Forest to spend Memorial Day weekend with Jamie's family. I actually forgot my camera (gasp) but did have my little back up point-and-shoot camera in my purse. Here are a few photos from our weekend with the fam...
I got to visit with my bff from high school, Dawnica. Will and Audrie had a great time playing together... after he explained to her exactly which toys she could chew on and which she couldn't. (Which she totally disregarded... poor boy!)
And of course there was quality time spent on the tennis court!
Larry and Donnie even matched up for a serious one on one game!
Audrie so desperately wanted to be the ball girl... (see her?)
But was banned to the sidelines to help cheer.
Larry did feed her way too many cheesy poofs later to help console her.
Donna pouting because I tried to say "no more sweet tea for Audrie!". We got to meet Trevor's girlfriend, Olivia, who is such a sweetheart! (And a high school tennis star... hence all the time on the tennis courts this weekend.) I think for the record I'm supposed to tell you that Jamie won.
There was tons of food of course and Brenda made a delicious strawberry pizza!
Which Kameron and I devoured!
Audrie and Jess sharing slobbers on the toys.
Poor Audrie is surrounded by boy cousins. Wish Brandon and Erin would get her a girl cousin...
Dylan, Audrie and Jess. Just want to pinch all those chubby cheeks!
What is Audrie's face doing in this photo?!
It's rare that all of Donnie's family is in one place at one time so we had to capture the moment.
It really was such a wonderful family filled weekend. We headed back home Monday evening just in time to drive in the lovely rain...
Hope each of you had relaxing four day weekend, too!