Monday, May 25, 2009

wedding season

I am so super excited about all the weddings Kim has let me help her with lately! (And wedding season has just begun so we still have more to come.) We shot a very cute wedding this weekend in Vilonia and I can't wait to share all those photos. But I realized that I never blogged about my friend Shannon's wedding way back in February that I was able to help Kim with. Here are some of my favorite photos that I took at Brian and Shannon's wedding...While Kim is off doing important shots of the bride and groom, I get to have fun running around doing a lot of small detail shots.

I also get to spend time with the groomsmen right before the wedding starts (because Kim is with the bride then). So I get to see how the groom spends the last few moments of bachelorhood...

And I do get to be there for the really special moments too. (I haven't done a wedding with Kim yet that hasn't made me shed a tear or two!)
Shannon's wedding was extra special because so many of my friends were there to help her celebrate, too!

I think for this next photo I was standing in a chair holding the camera high above my head. I really get more brave with each wedding. Maybe someday I'll actually know what I'm doing instead of accidentally getting a good photo!
I really love doing all these weddings with Kim! Getting to practice my photography with no real pressure, meeting new people, being a part of their special day and eating a lot of wedding cakes.