Sunday, June 21, 2009

gulley galore

Thursday night we met my family at Gulley Park to celebrate my birthday with my brother (Caleb was born on my 12th birthday... nineteen years ago).

And I hate to admit I've kind of been burnt out on taking photos lately, but I can always count on Kim to bring her camera and then I actually gave my niece Emily my camera to take as many photos as she wanted (and she took tons). So between Kim and Emily I have a lot of great photos to share. Thanks, ladies!
Here's me and my dad.
Caleb and his twisted sense of humor... he showed up in costume.
Jakey showing off his new spacious smile...
Caleb and my mom.

My mom made him an Italian birthday cake (Caleb is an architecture major and will be doing a study abroad program this fall in Italy).
And my mom made me carrot cake (my favorite!) cupcakes with candy pacifiers on top (in honor of my latest parenting struggles).
My adorable niece, Kara!
And the dorky boys.
Gulley Park has live music on Thursdays through out the summer. We love it!
And lots of room for the kiddos to play.
The three of us.
My mom and my niece, Emily.
Audrie and Grandpa playing catch.
She makes a very intense face when she is trying really hard to throw something.
My nephew, Matthew, sharing his juice box!


Audrie liked this cow lady thing. She even gave her a kiss. (I never did figure out what business this cow was advertising!)

My brother, Seth.
Matthew showing off his Lowery eyes.
My nephew Mitchell and his fiance Bethany who are getting married next month.
Not sure what big story Nathan is telling here...
Emma and Kara had so much fun playing together. Emily was trying to hold the camera out and take a photo of her and Audrie...!
Blue popsicle!
Emily took some really fun photos for me and I thought these next two were pretty cool. (I didn't crop or edit them- she just has a good eye for photo composition!)
Audrie had a blast dancing down in front of the band! She was cracking us up with her sweet moves and endless energy.


I'm not sure where she learned this dance move...
We had to drag her out of there kicking and screaming but she would have danced until midnight if we let her!
It was a really fun night and I loved celebrating my birthday with my family.