Monday, July 06, 2009

fun run and dangling diapers

Saturday morning Jamie and I ran a 5K with Brandon and Erin. It sounded like a good idea a few weeks ago when we signed up...! Ok, it really was pretty fun and I may even convince Jamie to do another one in August. Since I tore up my ankle and foot a month ago I haven't been able to do any running... just a few short runs with Audrie in jogging stroller. But I still managed to meet my usual goals of not walking and not coming in last place. My time was about 34 minutes. Though I did get smoked by some little kids and also a dad running with a double jogging stroller with two good sized toddlers. But this race was pretty tough because there were several nasty hills that we had to run up and also most of the course was gravel... yuck. However it was beautiful weather, we got to run around a scenic lake and we were there to support Erin in her first 5k!

Jamie was pretty bitter that he was up at 7am on a Saturday... to run.
But he got some NOS that kicked his game face in gear.
It's always fun pinning on my number and pretending like I'm a "real" runner for a second.
Little did I know that this race was about to wipe the smile right off my face!
But we all survived the Firecracker run and headed back home. My brother, Caleb, had graciously agreed to come to our house at 6:30am to babysit! I was so thankful he did that for us... but I just have to pick on him for a second. Ok, so even though he is really great with kids and is so sweet with Audrie he has actually never changed a diaper before. And, oh my! When we walked in the door I just couldn't help but die laughing at the state of Audrie's diaper... (on backwards and hanging by a thread)!
It was more like a diaper loin cloth! (And he said this was his second attempt because the first diaper wouldn't stay on... he was pretty proud that this one was at least still on her!).
But she was having a great time. They were happy and playing when we got home. What more can you ask for? Thanks, Caleb!