Wednesday, July 08, 2009

wildlife zoo

Sunday after church Jamie and I decided to pack a picnic lunch and take Audrie out to the Gentry Wildlife Zoo. Audrie took a few minutes to warm up to the animals in the petting zoo area, but soon she was running around squealing at all the little animals. It's really neat how you can walk right up to a kangaroo or hold a tiger cub. I'm so glad we went!
















After the petting zoo we drove through the four mile safari drive and it's crazy how the animals come right up to your window!
Except this @#%& bird thing wouldn't stop trying to get in my window and freaking me out (I kind of have a bird phobia). And Jamie kept rolling my window down every time it got close to us. I didn't think it was as funny as he did.
Audrie was kicked back with a mouth full of grapes just checking out all the animals.



I'm thinking about getting a sign like this for our front door...
We had a great time there! They are open every day from 9:30am to "dark" and it's $10 for adults and kids under 2 are free (I think kids over two are $5, not sure). I had to scrub Audrie's shoes for awhile to get all the poo off the soles but it was worth it!