Wednesday, August 19, 2009

schoolhouse rocks

I think this has been the best start of the school year I've had in a really long time! I don't want to jinx myself but I'm REALLY excited about what a great year this is going to be. I spent the past week getting my choir room all ready for today.
I even made my poor husband spend some time helping me in my classroom... doesn't he look thrilled??
Bring on the students!
This is the music office I share with Melanie and Shannon. Kate calls our office the "bat cave" I think because we tend to shut ourselves off from the outside world at times back here. But we love it! And I am so happy to share an office with such a wonderful group of cool chicks!
Decorating is one of my favorite things about getting ready for another school year! My classroom kind of looks like a big scrapbook, but since I spend the majority of my life in that room I have to make it something I love to look at all day.
I even had a few awesome students who gave up a few last hours of their summer to come help me in my room. I love middle schoolers!
And oh my goodness- Mel whipped up the cutest bulletin board I've ever seen. She even managed to use to word "tarnation" on there somehow! Love her.
And ok, this is Shannon... who is days away from giving birth! And just for the record we tried SO hard to convince her to GET DOWN and let us hang those dang letters, but her nesting instinct is kicking in hard and she wouldn't listen to us!
I'm going to miss Shannon while she's out on her maternity leave, but I'm excited I have student teacher this semester from the U of A who will be helping me out.
So today was the first day of school and it went just awesomely. It went so good I think I'll go back tomorrow. :)