Sunday, May 02, 2010

day in the life of audrie

Oh my goodness, we love this crazy girl. At times it's honestly like living with your own little court jester... Audrie is her own form of true entertainment. (And, yes, she also makes me want to pull my hair out and check the prices for selling toddlers on the black market, but in between those times I am just totally in love with her!)
So she has this new "excited" face she's been making the past week anytime you ask her a question. It could be simply "do you want to go outside" or "do you want to eat a whole chocolate cake"... she always makes this huge "oooooh my goodness I'm so excited" face that we love.
So this morning I asked her if she wanted to open some presents (from my baby shower yesterday... a few friends and family had been so sweet to include Audrie in the gifts!). And Audrie LOVED the presents!!

And later in the day we were a little bored so we tested out the durability of a reusable shopping bag (I feel like I should say... "don't try this at home, kids"!). Audrie thought it was the BEST thing ever and was dying laughing the whole time.
She didn't want to get out!
I suppose we could have left her there for a few hours... might save on babysitting cost. :)
This evening the Burrow's came over to hang out for awhile. I got a stash of Audrie's hats out to play with and Ben looked pretty darn cute playing dress up!!
Audrie looked a little more "emo/homeless", but still super cute.

(Jamie thinks Audrie looks like Courtney Love in this next photo!)


Then we let the kids play outside for awhile (and Audrie didn't want to wear pants, so who was I to disagree?).

Who needs pants with sweet shoes like that??

Ben and Audrie put on a little concert for us... singing their own made up songs in the front yard. It was stinkin' adorable!
Sometimes I can't believe that God is actually blessing us with ANOTHER little girl. We saw a friend in a store this weekend who told us that having two kids was going to "rock our world" (but she said it in a way like maybe we should stock up on hard whiskey now) but I say bring it on, cuz if we can handle Audrie... we can handle anything! :)