Monday, May 31, 2010

fun filled morning

Saturday morning we decided to get out of the house! Whoo hoo! Annie was ten days old and ready to take on the world. :) Actually we went to a nearby tennis court to give Audrie her first tennis lesson.
She did really good... well I mean for a two year old! She actually hit the ball when Jamie hits it to her, so I was impressed (better than I can do).
Jamie likes to watch the tennis channel and especially with the French Open on right now, so Audrie gets to see her fair share of tennis on tv.
I think we have a little Wimbolden star in the making...
Jamie is a good coach! And after their little lesson, Jamie and I actually played for awhile and Audrie was a really good ball girl- chasing all my stray shots down.
Here is what Annie thought of all the tennis playing...
Then we headed over to a little splash park in Rogers to let Audrie run around in the water. (The splash park is open every day of the week from 10am to 8pm... but just fyi you have to push the silver buttons about every 10 minutes on the sprinklers to keep the water going... when we first got there it looked like it was closed... but we realized you have to turn it on yourself if no one is already there playing.)
I can't find Audrie's bathing suit! The last time I saw it was a few months ago when we went to Florida, but it's since disappeared. So I just let her run around in her clothes (and brought her extra to change into afterwards). 
She really wanted to take all her clothes off (because that's what we let her do in the back yard at home), but we managed to convince her to keep her clothes on in public.
She really liked playing there so we'll definitely be going back lots this summer.
And here is what Annie thought of the splash park...
We made it home in time for lunch and to make some homemade popsicles. I saw on my friend, Becca's, blog about making these with Juicy Juice (100% real juice and no preservatives or dye) and we dropped a couple cherries into each mold. Pretty tasty!
I'd show you what Annie thought of the popsicles, but I think you get the idea! :) 
The girl likes her beauty sleep!