Tuesday, May 11, 2010

try to remember

We were taking a walk one evening last week I snapped this photo. Made me think about how bittersweet it is to be ending this stage of life and welcoming a new little one so soon. We are dying to meet little Annie Beth and can't wait until she picks her birth day! But I feel such a sense of "one more time"... to rock my ONE little girl, to make up silly songs about "my baby, Audrie", to go on outings as "the three of us"...

Sometimes Jamie and I strain our brains and try to recall an inkling of what it was like before we had a kid. Somewhere in the hazy memory I can still remember what it was like to sleep in on the weekends and make last minute plans with groups of friends.

I wonder if soon we will try to remember what it was like when it was just us three.

But we are so anxiously awaiting the arrival of our newest addition. Any day now! Can't wait to see her little face and hands and toes. To see how she completes our little family.

I know I keep saying this... but HURRY, Annie. :)