Monday, May 10, 2010

happy mothers day

The best part of my Mother's Day was making fried donuts with Audrie! I've been craving them for weeks (actually years) and my sweet mother finally bought me a couple cans of cheap refrigerator biscuits (you can't use the fancy flaky biscuits) so that I could quit whining and make them! So I did. My mother's day treat to myself. YUM!!
1) Heat up oil in tall pan (I used peanut oil) on medium heat.
2) Open cheap canned biscuits, stretch them out to make large holes in the center (or let Audrie shape them into odd shapes because she thought it was like Play-dough)
3) toss into oil (just a few so that they don't touch each other)
4) cook for about 20 seconds until golden brown (turn them over to brown on each side)
5) use slotted spoon to remove from oil and promptly put them into a bowl (or small paper sack) full of sugar
6) coat generously with sugar
7) EAT THEM! :)
(You can do several different toppings beside sugar. I used half sugar and half brown sugar. But you can also make your own glazes to drizzle on them. Powered sugar glaze or a honey butter or of course chocolate glaze, etc.)